Squash Soup is perfect for a cold fall day! If you have never tried you need to. You’ll be amazed how tasty and soothing it, especially after a long day. You won’t regret trying it!
- tablespoons butter or margarine
- medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- butternut squash (2 lb), peeled, cubed
- cups water
- teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- teaspoon ground black pepper
- teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- chicken bouillon cubes
- package (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
- 2 In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix onion and remaining ingredients except cream cheese.
- 3 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- 4 In blender or food processor, place one-third to one-half of mixture at a time. Cover; blend on high speed until smooth. Return mixture to slow cooker. Stir in cream cheese. Cover; cook on Low heat setting about 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.